Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
This delicious vegan soup is full of Vitamin A, and the spices used provide anti oxidants. You can do some pre-prep for this soup, or even make the day ahead and rewarm to serve on a chilly fall/winter day.
Soak 4 Medjool dates for 15-30 minutes.
Pre cook squash, onion and garlic if desired day prior.
1 butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise, and place on shallow baking sheet with approximately ¼ cup of water. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 min. When fork can easily be inserted into squash remove from oven. Allow to sit for 15 min. Remove seeds with a large spoon and discard. Use knife to cut into softened squash flesh to create cubes, which makes it easier to scoop out of the rind.
Meanwhile, mince 4 large garlic cloves and ¾ cup diced, red or yellow onion. In small saucepan, sauté, using coconut, olive, or grapeseed oil on low heat with ½ tsp. turmeric root powder. Remove from heat when onions have become translucent, approx. 15 minutes.
BLEND INGREDIENTS...in blender (or Vitamix) add:
13.5 oz. canned coconut milk
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Add in following:
Sauteed onion and garlic
Add 4 dates, pitted, into blender
Add ½ large apple, cored and peeled, or 1 whole small apple*
Blend until dates and apple are pureed.
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg or Allspice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Add in two scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder or Protein Boost
Add in squash and puree until soup is creamy.
If soup is too thick add additional almond milk, ensure carrageenan is not in the ingredient list, or artificial ingredients.
Note: Adding vegan protein powder helps balance this soup out as a meal by adding additional protein.
*May substitute with organic ¾ cup applesauce.
Did you know that "one cup of butternut squash provides a whopping 437% percent of your vitamin A needs for the day, as well as 52% of vitamin C and 10% or more of vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium and manganese." - Source: Medical News Today
- About Us
Products & Services
- Services/Fees >
- Special Promotions
- Rita's Arbonne Story
- Green Science Starts with Soil
- Clinical Trials/Validation
- Genius Ultra Beauty/Skincare Device
- The Arbonne Difference
- Protein Powder Comparison
- Essentials FIzz Energy - What's This Drink All About?
- Cancer Support - Top Arbonne Picks
- Words from Arbonne Users
- Hormone Balance Resources
- Why Petro Chemicals & Mineral Oil Are Concerning
- Why Skin Care Ingredients Matter
- BioMat >
- Wellness Pro 2010+ >
- Bio-Energetic Signature Scanning >
- Chi Vibrational Therapy
- Vibration Therapy with Magic Wand Massager
- CANCER DIAGNOSIS? TOP RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EMPOWERMENT >
- Do You Need to Detox?
- 30 Day Healthy Living Program >
- State of Medicine - You Tube Videos
- Alzheimer's and the Cholesterol Link
- Anti Inflammatory & Alkaline Lifestyle - Resetting Your Body's pH
- Artificial Ingredients - Truth be Told
- Auto Immune Symptoms
- Baby Care Products & Children's Health
- Do You Want to Lose Weight...and Your Mind?
- Glyconutrients and Polysacchrides, One in the Same?
- Green Smoothie Tests the Ninja Pro Blender - Can it Juice?
- Headaches - Could Healthy Food Be A Catalyst
- Heartburn? Don't Blame Your Stomach Acid
- Heart Disease and Energy Solution Benefits
- Hormones - God's Synergy Within
- Pain Management
- Paleo Diet, Friend or Foe?
- Parabens. Para-What?
- Pregnancy & Morning Sickness
- Snoring? To C-PAP, or not....
- Soy - the NON Health Food
- Sucralose - Is It Safe?
- Sunscreens- Protectant or Cancer Contributor
- Vegan Protein - Absorption Matters
- Weight Loss Should NOT Be A Numbers Game
- Why Purity Beats Organics
- Why Is Taurine in My FIzzy Sticks?
Alternative Cancer Info
- Quest for the Cure....Continues - Video Series with Ty Bollinger
- pH and It's Importance
- Hyperthermia Therapy For Cancer Patients
- Why MD Leaves Conventional Practice
- Anti Cancer Diet and Super Foods
- Brain Cancer Help Links
- Cancer Promoters
- Coffee Enemas - Excellent Explanation of Critical Use in Detoxifying the Body
- Colon Cancer Prevention - Part 1
- Colon Cancer Prevention - Part 2
- Detect Cancer 10 Years Before Conventional Testing
- Dirty Dozen - Cancer Promoters in Our World
- Dirty Electricity - EMFs and Cancer
- Eliminate the Dirty Dozen, or More, To Prevent Cancer
- Five Myths About Cancer
- Our Cancer Journey - Protocols
- The Fungus Among Us
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to 75% Of All Breast Cancers
- FREE Therapy to Treat Cancer & Disease
- Cancer Support for Your Skin
- Hormones - Fibro, PMS, Weight Gain >
- Spiritual Wellness >
- Mind & Spirit
- Protein Powered Nutrition (Vegan)
- HealthWise Creations >
- Arbonne Protein Smoothie Recipes
- Blood Healthy Smoothie
- Chocolate Mocha Delish Breakfast Shake
- Green Pineapple Smoothie
- Doc Mike's Pineapple "Anti-Inflammatory" Smoothie >
- Ginger Beet Juice
- Protein Powders and Trace Heavy Metals
- Matcha Green Protein Smoothie
- Melon Seed & Foraging Smoothie
- Sweet Beet Smoothie
- Salads & Dressings >
- Soups >
- Appetizers >
- Main Dish & Vegis >
- Breads and Grains >
- Desserts >
- For The Home & Bug Repellents >
- 2017 Commitment to Healthier You
- Feature Article -Boost Immune System
- Healthier You Sale!