Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 14-ounce cans full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight in the fridge -Thai coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 2 scoops protein powder (no soy, certified low-glycemic, kosher, free of heavy trace metals)
- ½ scoop fiber supplement
- 6 pitted dates (if not sticky and moist, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
- 1-2 tsp. raw honey or liquid coconut palm sugar
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon avocado OR banana for extra creaminess
- 3 cups ice
- ½ cup almond milk IF NEEDED for your blender to function. Not necessary for vitamix.
- 8-12 organic coffee beans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cacao nibs
- Small green cabbage leaf (won’t be noticed!)
- 1-2 drops food grade Peppermint extract
- 1 T. peanut or almond butter
- Add coconut milk and pitted dates to a food processor/blender/Vitamix.
- Add additional sweetener such as honey or coconut nectar, if preferred. (Sweeteners bring out the flavor of the chocolate, especially unsweetened cocoa powder.)
- Add in dry powders- chocolate protein powder, fiber, cocoa powder, celtic sea salt.
- Add avocado or small portion of banana if desiring extra creaminess.
- Add 3 cups of ice.
- Makes soft serve ice cream. Freeze 30 min. for scoopable ice cream to serve in cones.
- Transfer to freezer-safe container and cover to freeze.
- Freeze overnight for a firmer ice cream.
- Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping, and use a scoop warmed under hot water or Pampered Chef scoops.
- Will keep in the freezer for up to one week, but best when fresh.