Today would have been 26 years married to my best friend and soul mate. Each year, for our anniversary, Jesse and I would take a day trip to see the fall colors, usually around the Baraboo hills. Pewitt's Nest was a favorite location.
I made the trip with one of my girlfriends, in his place. The day was sunny and the fall foliage spectacular. As I took photos I remembered Jesse's words of caution as I neared the edge of the bluff to get the best angle of the waterfalls below for that awesome photograph. I pictured him walking ahead of me in his bright blue hooded jacket, contrasting with the yellow and gold colors of fall. We would stroll hand in hand, and have a little picnic with some wine from Wollersheim and smoked Gouda cheese.
He would smile and greet anyone we would meet, agree to a few selfie photos of the two of us, and help me maneuver the steep areas, to ensure I would not fall. We would later find a restaurant to try, perhaps shop a little, and head home to meet the kids off the school bus.
Pewitt's Nest was not the same this day in 2015. Arriving, the first thing I noticed was the parking for maybe 6 cars at most, had easily be doubled. The DNR had obviously come in and cleared fairly wide trails were previously paths were questionable. A number of trees were cut down. The leaf covered paths were replaced by smooth, rock-like surface, which made the trails slippery and even a bit treacherous. Where previously we may have met perhaps 3 people, there were well over a dozen. But for me, the greatest change was not the disturbed natural state of Pewitt's Nest, but the void of a person who thoroughly relished the beauty of nature, the birds of the air, and who marveled at the great works God had made for our viewing pleasure and enjoyment. I know he was with me in spirit today, but oh how I miss the most kind and gentle person I have ever been blessed to know and love.
Health advocate, educator and wellness consultant...I am a forever student of integrative and holistic approaches to wellness.
- About Us
Products & Services
- CANCER DIAGNOSIS? TOP RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EMPOWERMENT >
- Do You Need to Detox?
- Dirty Dozen, Clean 15
- Why Petro Chemicals & Mineral Oil Are Concerning
- State of Medicine - You Tube Videos
Alternative Cancer Info
- Alzheimer's and the Cholesterol Link
- Anti Inflammatory & Alkaline Lifestyle - Resetting Your Body's pH
- Artificial Ingredients - Truth be Told
- Auto Immune Symptoms
- Choosing a Protein Powder
- Do You Want to Lose Weight...and Your Mind?
- Fibromyalgia - SOS!
- Fibromyalgia - The Hormone Connection
- Glyconutrients and Polysacchrides, One in the Same?
- Green Smoothie Tests the Ninja Pro Blender - Can it Juice?
- Headaches - Could Healthy Food Be A Catalyst
- Heartburn? Don't Blame Your Stomach Acid
- Heart Disease and Energy Solution Benefits
- Hormone Balance 101
- Why Skin Care Ingredients Matter
- Hormones - God's Synergy Within
- Hormone Balance Resources
- Lyme Disease & Bacteria
- Reverse MS - The Diet Connection
- Pain Management
- Paleo Diet, Friend or Foe?
- Parabens. Para-What?
- Pregnancy & Morning Sickness
- Snoring? To C-PAP, or not....
- Soy - the NON Health Food
- Sucralose - Is It Safe?
- Sunscreens- Protectant or Cancer Contributor
- Thyroid: Iodine for Healthy Thyroid
- Vegan Protein - Absorption Matters
- Weight Loss Should NOT Be A Numbers Game
- Why Purity Beats Organics
- Why Is Taurine in My FIzzy Sticks?
- Quest for the Cure....Continues - Video Series with Ty Bollinger
- pH and It's Importance
- Hyperthermia Therapy For Cancer Patients
- Why MD Leaves Conventional Practice
- Anti Cancer Diet and Super Foods
- Brain Cancer Help Links
- Cancer Promoters
- Coffee Enemas - Excellent Explanation of Critical Use in Detoxifying the Body
- Colon Cancer Prevention - Part 1
- Colon Cancer Prevention - Part 2
- Detect Cancer 10 Years Before Conventional Testing
- Dirty Dozen - Cancer Promoters in Our World
- Dirty Electricity - EMFs and Cancer
- Eliminate the Dirty Dozen, or More, To Prevent Cancer
- Five Myths About Cancer
- Immune System - Boost!
- Our Cancer Journey - Protocols
- The Fungus Among Us
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to 75% Of All Breast Cancers
- FREE Therapy to Treat Cancer & Disease
- Articles >
- Hormones - Fibro, PMS, Weight Gain >
- Protein Powered Nutrition (Vegan)
- HealthWise Creations >
- Blood Healthy Smoothie
- Chocolate Mocha Delish Breakfast Shake
- Chocolate Wild Plant Smoothie
- Cilantro Kick Smoothie
- Green Pineapple Smoothie
- Doc Mike's Pineapple "Anti-Inflammatory" Smoothie >
- Ginger Beet Juice
- Protein Powders and Trace Heavy Metals
- Matcha Green Protein Smoothie
- Melon Seed & Foraging Smoothie
- Sweet Beet Smoothie
- Salads & Dressings >
- Soups >
- Appetizers >
- Main Dish & Vegis >
- Breads and Grains >
- Desserts >
- For The Home & Bug Repellents >
- Mind & Spirit
- Costco-Affordable Healthy Eating